2022 Spring/Summer Tentative Meet Schedule
|May 1||DART Pentathlon||Davis community pool|
|May 20-22||Woodland Spring Classic||Charles Brooks Community Center|
|June 17-19||Mel Enze Meet||Tokay HS, Lodi|
|June 24-26||Last Chance Qualifier||Charles Brooks Community Center|
|July 21-24||Bill Rose Classic (qualifying time)||Natomas Aquatic Center|
|July 29-31||Prospectors Plunge||Cameron Park Community Center|
|August 3-6||Western Zone Age Group Champs (qualifying time)||Elk Grove Aquatics Center|
|August 20||Back to School Meet||Tokay High School|
*Note: Meet schedule is subject to change
At least one swim meet a month is highly encouraged. Swimmers have the option of choosing their events and which day(s) they would like to attend. Meets offer different events on different days. Check with Coach if you would like help choosing events.
The following information is intended to help ensure this swim experience is as stress free as possible as you join USA Swimming.
Suggested things to bring to meets:
- Wear your team suit, team cap and goggles.
- Bring at least 2 towels each day during warmer weather meets but we recommend you bring 1 towel for warm-ups and 1 towel for every event you are swimming that day, during colder weather.
- Sunscreen, hats, and umbrellas.
- Plenty of water and nutritious snacks.
- Canopies or tents. We recommend having walls for your canopy for shade or wind/rain protection.
- Cash for the snack bar and other items.
- Swim parkas, beanie caps and water resistant boots for cooler or wet weather.
- Extra clothing, sweatshirts and pants, flannel pajamas, socks.
- Hand warmers.
- Comfortable chairs.
- Sleeping bags, blankets, tarps, pillows, etc.
- Activities, games, books, to keep your swimmers entertained between events.
When you arrive:
- Check-in is usually at the entrance to the pool, your swimmer must circle the event and initial his or her name.
- Normally we try to sit together as a team at meets as it helps support team bonding.
- Events and heats are posted in one or two areas, depending on the size of the pool facility, and results are normally posted in a different area.
- USA swim meets are different than rec team meets. It is up to the swimmer to make sure they are at the starting block for their heat so please pay attention to what event/heat they are on. There are no ready benches and officials do not wait for swimmers before they begin the heat.
- Swimmers need to check in with their coach before their race to tell them what heat and lane they are in for each event. They must also check-in with their coach after each event for coaching advice.
SAMMS consolidated card for mailed in entries Click Here
USA Swimming 2017 Rule Book Click Here
USA Swimming Motivational Time Standards Click Here
Sierra Nevada Swimming Junior Olympic Time Standards Click Here